Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Birthday Smash Cake

My daughter turned ONE, 5 months ago and I am posting this now. LAZY ME! Well ,better late than never. I mentioned about taking cake decorating classes, but I never posted about the cakes I decorated. I will show them all in another post, but this one is about the cake I made -FROM SCRATCH-, frosted and decorated for my baby girl for her first birthday. It was a tiny 6" cake (along with 200 mini cupcakes, also made from scratch, frosted and decorated with tiny fondant flowers), but big enough for a smash cake. I found many ideas for simple decorations online but loved this dots one. So simple that it took me less than 15 mins to frost the entire cake. It took much longer to make the fondant flower, which wasn't very pretty, but adding the fondant letters to spell her name and a cute little cutout flower (that I put on all mini cupcakes) kind of made it beautiful. Sadly, my daughter did not smash the smash cake. She was too tired by the time we cut the big cake and had lunch, she took a long nap until the end of party. I guess she didn't want to ruin Mom's Work of Art with her own hands hahaa.


Anyway, thats the cake I made for my baby. That was the last cake I made and decorated. I guess I decorated too many cakes that I needed a break from it. I will try to do it sometime again, may be for someone's birthday.

No comments: