Friday, December 23, 2011

A Comeback

Its been years I posted in my blog. Lot of things have happened in life, putting blog behind. But I am back now and plan on posting actively in the new year. Just to jump start it, I am here posting about my bold choice of nail color. I love getting mani pedis. They are expensive and kind of unnecessary, I agree, but once in a while it feels good looking at your perfectly trimmed and painted nails (as long it lasts, for me about 3-5 days). It had been 5 months I had one. With a newborn, it seems like I have no time to wash my hair, let alone getting nails done. Having no secondary income didn't help either. But with Holiday season around with happiness everywhere, I needed to feel good about myself. With a December special of $15 mani pedi at a local salon, it seemed like a little splurge I could use. As I said I needed it. I don't get all the extras, just basic manicure pedicure with a nice color. I usually play it safe with nail color and choose a shade of red or pink which kind of complement my complexion, but I have been wanting to try a bold color for so long. Finally I decided to go for it this time. A shiny Turquoise. I know, too bold for someone like me. But I did.

I keep staring at my nails from time to time to understand if I love it or hate it. I don't absolutely crazily love it, I don't hate it either. Kind of getting used to it. Everytime I look at it, I feel proud, don't know why, may be because I was brave in choosing such a color (a lady at the salon said 'WOW look at the color she chose'. Was it a complement:? I would like to think so, even if it is otherwise). It would have looked even better if I added some design in black on one of the nails but I saved that for another time.

So thats how I plan on starting the new year. Bold, Brave and with Go For It attitude. I am putting together a list of things to do in 2012, actively posting on this blog being one of them. I will post it here soon so I can be accountable.

Have a Merry Christmas all you readers, if there are any, at this point.

No comments: